My car broke down on the side of the highway. Should I call a tow truck or try to push the car home myself? Or.. could you pick me up?
-Bethany, 49, Miami, FL, USA
Hey Bethany, thanks for the question. I’m not going to pick you up. You should try to push the car home yourself – and here are a few reasons why:
- Call a tow truck? You probably spend too much time on your phone already!
- If you try to call the phone number for a tow truck, you could end up misdialing, and end up talking to a crazy person or a feral animal by mistake.
- Pushing cars is a great upper body workout.
- After trying to push your car home, you’ll realize you are NOT able to push your car home. It will be a lesson in humility. You will realize your limits in other areas of your life. You’ll learn to love the “you” that you are instead of frantically trying to become someone you’re not..
- After trying (and failing) to push your car home, you’ll be too proud to call the tow truck. You will end up living in your car. This story will make great content, and propel your writing career.
Hope this helps!